Thursday 5 June 2014

April & Eamon Vow Renewal August 2013

A very good friends brother was renewing his vows after 25 years of marriage and the family asked me to make cards. Now they're a large family so I had to make 7 in all. I decided to try and do a variety on a theme. The colour scheme was peach, cream and gold. I found just the paper… Graphics 45 Secret Garden. I had cream pearlised card in my stash and I printed blocks of colour onto the cream card to get all my mounts. All my flourishes are Creative expressions, and all the roses were cut on my trusty Craft Robo and hand coloured and rolled.




This was the fussiest of the cards and the one I enjoyed doing the most as its very me!!
I used my Memory Box heart die, I usually cut a few in co-ordinating colours and layer them, a Spellbinders die for the monogram frame, Creative Expressions pearl flourish and roses cut with the Craft Robo.


This was a frame that I bought from The Silhouette Store. 
 I cut all the roses for the cards in cream pearlised paper and coloured with a Copic marker pen.



 The lacy inserts were my favourite Spellbinders D-lite die. 
Another pearl flourish, and the off cuts from the 12 x 12 paper put to good use for the frame.




 Another Silhouette store purchase for the heart topper. 
I coloured flat back pearls (Hazel Crafts e-bay) with shell pink Adirondak alcohol ink. I used the Metallic Pens with the Craft Robo to write the monogram and date before cutting the file.


This was a rhinestone file bought from the Silhouette Store. 
I coloured the flat back pearls again with the Shell Pink Alcohol Ink.
This was the most time consuming although I think the simplest looking. 
I cut the template using acetate then had to glue each pearl on individually.



Favourite Spellbinders die again offset on each side with hand made and coloured rolled roses.
Sizzix hearts.


You guessed it….another cut file from the Silhouette store. This time I put the monogram and date in the file and used the metallic pens in the Robo to write them on before cutting the file.


I never thought it would be so hard to try and get such a diverse collection together!! I had to dig deep and keep focussed on the fact that not everyone likes a fussy card and sometimes less is more!!

They all loved their cards and a great day was had by all….what more can you ask for. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment