Thursday 19 June 2014

Sarah's Prom : First page

Ok so this is something new for me…using masks and texture paste!!

We were at crop in Stoke Poges run by the lovely Kate from Bellaboo, when I spied a 12 x 12 stencil by Prima with lots of lovely words on it .. …."you could use that on Sarah's prom layout"  
said Tracy ( Craftings my Threrapy)…...

I had printed my picture of Sarah on adhesive photo paper and then cut round her image…I do this a lot!!

I stuck it down on my patterned paper :-Pink Paislee London Market Royal Charm, from Bellaboo as per usual for all my fab papers!! making sure that it was placed to get maximum effect from the stencil.

I placed the stencil, taping it down with a bit of micropore tape, then using my Nectar rewards card and some modelling paste that I got for about £2 from The Works I was off!!…

This was a slightly scary process for me…would I ruin my lovely paper & my beautiful photo…..

no…what a fab result…once the paste had dried I inked with Distress Ink :- Broken China, then when that had dried I layer the stencil back on & spritzed all over with Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist for an all over pearlescent shimmer. 


I distressed the edges of the page and inked with Antique Linen and Broken China Distress Inks. 
Then layered with a plain Bazzil 12 x 12  from Bellaboo




I used one of my usual pearl flourishes from Creative Expressions. 
I coloured my Faux Silk blue ribbon ( Bellaboo) with an aqua Pro Marker to give a better colour match. The flowers were from Hobbycraft, again I used  Broken China Distress Ink to colour them.
 The little round embellishment is from K & Co 
Its a Grand Adhesions Dimensional Sticker by Barbara Walton


This embellishment was a combination of an old K & Co grand adhesion, a pearlised brad and a Wooden ticket from the Prima Zephyr range of embellishments at Bellaboo. 
I had to take  the butterfly off then glue it back on in a better position over the top of the ticket.

All in all I was very pleased with this layout & especially pleased with my first foray into the world of paste and stencils….

Thank you Tracy…I never would have tried this if it hadn't been for your inspiration!!!

I'll definitely be doing some more!!






No comments:

Post a Comment