Sunday 8 June 2014

Happy Birthday Nicole!!

My sisters twins were 18 on Friday & my niece Nicole had requested that she really would like "one of your nice cards" …how could I resist!!

I had an idea for an "off the page design" something that she really could keep.

I had bought a wooden die cut birdcage from Anna Marie Crafts some time ago………could I bear to part with it?? Of course I could for such a Gorgeous Girlie!!


 First I painted the whole thing with White Distress Paint, probably 3 coats in all.

Then I spritzed the whole Birdcage with Ranger Perfect Pearls in white. Next, I stamped all over with an Indigo Blue background Script stamp in Versa Mark Gold ink.

I cut lots of foliage from my trusty Memory Box Fairytale Border die intermingled with a few Marianne swirls.

I gave them all a light dusting with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.

The roses are all from Hobbycraft.


This number 18 was from a Thickers Alphabet.






I cut the mini rosebud heads off the wires and glued onto the foliage.



 


The bird was painted and spritzed in the the same way as as the cage was.
I cut a flower into 2 and layered with some green feathers I found in my cupboard.
The flourishes are bits from a couple of Memory Box Bingham Hearts that I had previously cut out in two shades of pink I placed them on the wing to hide an ugly straight edge!!

For the tail I used the remaining bits of feathers and the smallest pre-made rose in my flower box!!


Tah Dah!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment