Thursday 5 June 2014

Nellie….Summer 2013

I've been trying to scrap a bit as well as doing my usual cards. We had taken a lovely picture of our puppy Nellie in the summer last year. I treated myself to Aquarella a fab app on my Apple Mac which turns pictures into watercolours.

I printed her picture onto inkjet canvas stitched around it and generally tried to make it look a bit worn. I inked the edges with Stormy Skies Distress Inks. The letters were Tim Holtz grunge board ones from a huge pack that I'd been looking at in my stash for a long time!!. I painted them with guesso first, then Pickett Fence distress paint, then inked with Stormy Skies and Scattered Straw Distress Inks. I love that when these are all painted up hey almost look like leather……

The background paper was Bo Bunny Country Garden Weathered from Bellaboo.

The tags were from Tracy over at Crafting is my Therapy's stash, the brads bought long ago from I don't know where. 
The butterfly trellis was I think a papermania 12 inch scrapbook border, again in the stash so long that it was no longer sticky and had to be glued on!!!

The Summer 2013 was die cut from grey board using my new Crafters Companion alphabet dies….thank you Sarah…what a fab Birthday pressie!!! Painted and distressed as before.

I was really pleased with how this page turned out even though it had gone a bit wrinkly with using  paint and distress inks on the page to make a frame to mount the picture in.

 As per with me no journalling to speak of on the page but a lovely reminder of how cute our little puppy looked.




No comments:

Post a Comment